Olive Oil Pecan Pie
- 1 pie crust, unbaked
- 2 cups raw pecan pieces
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light honey
1/4 cup La Tourangelle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the pie dough in a pie plate, and flute the edges if desired. Bake for 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven. Blind baking the crust will ensure that it remains crisp while the pie is baked.
- Scatter the pecans on a baking sheet, and bake in a 325 degree F oven for 3-5 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Allow crust and pecans to cool to room temperature before proceeding with the recipe. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Once everything has cooled, preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and lightly beaten eggs. Apply medium heat and stir the mixture constantly until it begins to lightly bubble and thicken. This can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes, but probably no longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Add the pecans and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, rotating at the 20 minute mark, or until the pie is set on the edges and slightly jiggly in the center. The pie will firm as it cools.
- Allow the pie cool completely before serving.