Pistachio Yogurt Lemon Cake
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
1/2 cup La Tourangelle Roasted Pistachio Oil
1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed and strained
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, pistachio oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract until well combined and set aside.
- In a stand mixture, fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs on high speed while gradually adding in the sugar until the volume doubles and becomes thick and pale yellow, about 5 minutes.
- Decrease the speed to slow and whisk in the yogurt mixture until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture in two batches and mix until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour the batter in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. (If you don’t have a rectangular cake pan, you can substitute with an 8-inch round cake pan will do or a standard 12-cup muffin.)
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Check on the cake 30 minutes into baking and if the top starts to brown too much, place a piece of foil loosely over the top. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for about 20 minutes.
The cake is best eaten immediately but will keep for 5 days in an airtight container or up to 1 month if wrapped and frozen.