Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus with Candied Nuts
Lunches and Littles for the Feedfeed
- 3 tbsp La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb cubed butternut squash
- 2 cloves garlic (skin on)
- 2/3 cup rinsed chickpeas
- 1/3 cup white kidney beans
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- A small handful of candied/caramelized pecans and/or walnuts, another small handful of toasted pepitas, plus additional Roasted Walnut Oil, olive or agave nectar and cinnamon for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, then place butternut squash into a medium-sized baking dish and set aside.
- Then, in a small mixing dish combine: La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil, sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over squash cubes and stir to generously coat. Add garlic to dish. Roast for approximately 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, peel roasted garlic. Add garlic and squash to a food processor.
- Next, add in the following: chickpeas, kidney beans, lemon juice, tahini, and 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley.
- Purée until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed and adding more oil as needed if too thick. Season with salt as desired.
- Transfer hummus to bowl. Top with pecans, pepitas, a few drizzles of agave nectar or oil and a few sprinklings of cinnamon. Serve immediately or refrigerate until fully chilled for a thicker, creamier dip.
- Pair with crackers, pita bread, roasted carrots or other veggies as desired.