Roasted Walnut Oil Cranberry Biscotti
12 - 16 Cookies
La Tourangelle and Chef Preeti Mistry
1/2 cup La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Mix together flour, cornmeal and baking powder until fully blended. Beat oil, sugar, pepper, salt, eggs and zest in mixer until light yellow. Fold in flour mixture and beat until fully incorporated. Fold in dried cranberries and mix lightly.
- Pour batter out onto sheet pan in rectangular shape about 5x10 inches. Bake 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned and set. Reduce heat in oven to 300°, and remove loaf to cool about 15 minutes. With a long sharp chef's knife cut loaf into 1 inch wide strips. Return to oven and toast 15 minutes, until edges turn lightly brown. Make sure cookies are fully cooled before storing. Will last a 2-3 weeks in an airtight container.