Sam's Banana Bread
- 3 ripe or overripe bananas (4, if small)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
1/4 cup La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in other ingredients.
- Lightly grease (ideally with walnut oil) and flour an 8 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated 325 F oven until done: 60 to 80 minutes for a single loaf or 45 to 55 minutes for round pans.
- Test for doneness with a toothpick.
Cool in pan 5 minutes and turn out on rack to cool completely before serving. Yields 1 loaf or 2 rounds.