Scallion Oil Noodles
- 1 lb fresh ramen or thin wheat noodles
- 8 scallion stalks
- 1 cup La Tourangelle Grapeseed Oil
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 large carrot - optional
Cut scallion stalks into 2" pieces. Add scallions and grape seed oil to a saucepan. Cook the oil and scallions over medium low heat. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the scallions are tender and crisp. Turn off heat and allow it to cool. Place oil in an airtight container until ready to use. Reserve crispy scallions for topping the noodles.
- Cook fresh noodles according to package directions. Fresh noodles typically cook in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- If adding carrots, cut the carrot into thin noodles using a vegetable peeler.
Add 1 tbsp dark soy, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp sugar into individual bowls. Place carrot ribbons and fresh noodles in the bowl and toss to combine. Top with crispy scallions and enjoy!