Summer Corn & Watermelon Salad with Avocado Oil Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp cumin seed, toasted and ground in a mortar and pestle
- 1/4 tsp ground sumac
- 2 tbsp La Tourangelle Delicate Avocado Oil
- 1 lime, juice squeezed
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 ears bi-color corn, as fresh a possible as you'll eat the kernels raw, shucked, kernels cut from the cob
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3-5 stems fresh mint
Freshly cracked black pepper
Flake salt, for sprinkling
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Arrange watermelon and corn on a serving platter. Add a generous amount of cracked black pepper, pluck mint from their stems and scatter around. Spoon dressing over all and finish with a sprinkle of flake salt. Best eaten al fresco!