Watermelon & Feta Salad
Sweet watermelon and salty feta create a refreshingly easy summer salad topped with a lime-y basil oil vinaigrette, fresh herbs and spices to take it over the top! Recipe & Image by Chef Daniela Gerson
- 2.5-3 pound watermelon
- 8 oz feta
- 3 tablespoons La Tourangelle Basil Oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, such as mint, basil and thyme cut or torn into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon za'atar and/or sumac (optional)
- Cut watermelon into bite sized cubes.
- Cut feta into bite sized cubes.
- Whisk together basil oil, lime juice and zest, honey, salt and pepper.
- Toss watermelon and feta with dressing and arrange on a serving plate or bowl.
- Top with fresh herbs and spices. Enjoy!