Roasted Hazelnut BlondiesShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Blondies get an update from roasted hazelnut oil, which keeps the blondies soft and chewy for days. Switch these up by using roasted walnut oil and toasted walnuts, or roasted peanut oil and chopped chocolate peanut butter cups.
½ cup (110g) hazelnuts (toasted, skins rubbed, coarsely chopped), plus more for garnish
1 large egg
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (115 g) dark or light brown sugar
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons (90 ml) La Tourangelle Roasted Hazelnut Oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup (80 g) sweet white rice flour (or AP flour for not GF)
¼ cup (25 g) GF oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
2 tablespoons (15 g) tapioca flour (or AP flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1 cup (6 ounces / 170 g) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, plus more for garnish
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375ºF. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment on the bottom and sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar. Whisk in the oil and vanilla. Sift in the flours, baking powder, and fine salt and stir until just combined. Stir in the nuts and chocolate.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and top with more hazelnuts, chocolate, and a few pinches of flaky salt.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs, 18-22 min. Cool completely. Slice into bars and devour!
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days, or refrigerate or freeze for longer storage.
Image and Recipe by The Bojon Gourmet