6 tablespoons La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil
8 oz bittersweet chocolate (70%), chopped
3 large eggs, room temp
¾ cup + 2 tablespoons (175 g) sugar
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup (55 g) AP flour (or sweet rice flour for GF)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350ºF. Line an 8×8-inch square pan with parchment on all sides.
- Place the oil and chocolate in a small, heavy saucepan set over very low heat. Melt together, stirring constantly, until warm, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Whip together the eggs, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle on high until light and fluffy, 3-5 min. On low, stir in the vanilla, then the warm chocolate mixture.
- Sift in the flour and mix on low to combine, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure the batter is homogenous.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs, 18 – 25 min. Cool completely, then cut into squares with a hot, clean knife wiped clean between each cut.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days, or refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Image and Recipe by The Bojon Gourmet