Tender Asparagus with Roasted Hazelnut oil
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp La Tourangelle Roasted Hazelnut oil, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Keep the asparagus in a rough bunch so the tips and ends are parallel.
- Place an inch of water in a saucepan that is at least 12 inches in diameter.
- Add the salt and sugar and bring to a boil. Add the asparagus, cover, and boil, until almost tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain. Arrange on a platter, drizzle with the oil, and season with salt and pepper.