Balsamic Steak and Tomatoes
Samantha Seneviratne for Food 52
- 3/4 cup La Tourangelle Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seed, smashed lightly in a mortar and pestle
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1lb 4 oz skirt steak, cut in half crosswise
2 teaspoons La Tourangelle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes
- Cilantro leaves, for serving
- In a resealable plastic bag combine the vinaigrette, garlic, fennel, coriander, and black pepper. Make sure the chops are fully coated by the marinade. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and pat it dry. Season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the steak and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil to rest.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook, shaking the pan occasionally until blistered and warmed through. Season to taste with salt. Remove from the heat.
- Slice the steak against the grain. Serve slices with blistered tomatoes and plenty of fresh cilantro.