Extra Virgin Olive Oil Romesco, Aioli, and Salsa Verde
A trio of dipping sauce to enjoy with all kind of raw vegetables, to spread on bread, to mix in your sandwich or to go with you BBQ veggies. Using La Tourangelle Extra Virgin Olive will uplift the nutrient quality of your composition.Romesco sauce: a combined essence of grilled pepper, tomatoes, chile and roasted nuts.Ailoi: pure Mediterranean sauce with garlic and mayonnaise.Salsa verde: unique salsa verde with anchovy fillets and cornichons.
1/2 Cup plus 2 Tbsp La Tourangelle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Slice Country Bread
1/2 Cup Almonds, Hazelnuts, or a mix, toasted (if using hazelnuts, peel them)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons New Mexican or other ground red chili powder
- 4 Roma tomatoes, fresh, grilled or pan roasted
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves, or a few pinches of dried
- Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. Sweet or Smoked Paprika
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, Roasted, Peeled and Seeded
- 1/2 Cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Garlic Cloves, put through a garlic press
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 Slices Sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 2 Taplespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 cups (packed) tresh Italian Parsley Leaves
1 1/2 cups La Tourangelle extra-virgin olive oil
- 15 cornichons
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- Fine sea salt
- Warm 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil in a small skillet. Add the bread, turn it immediately so that both sides are moistened with oil, then fry until golden and crisp.
- Grind the toasted bread with the toasted nuts in a food processor until fairly fine.
- Add the garlic, chile powder, tomatoes, parsley, thyme, scant teaspoon of salt, paprika and roasted peppers, and process until smooth.
- With the processor running, gradually pour in the vinegar, and the remaining ½ cup of oil. Adjust salt and spices to taste.
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and season to taste. The aioli will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Place bread slices in a medium bowl. Pour vinegar over and let stand until bread softens, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer bread mixture to processor
Add the next 5 ingredients and process until almost smooth. Transfer salsa to medium bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.