Organic Sun Coco Oil Roasted Potatoes
- 1 lb. small potatoes
- 1/2 cup Organic Sun Coco Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- healthy pinch of salt
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted
1/8 cup La Tourangelle Hazelnut Oil
- 1 lemon, segments and zest
- Place the potatoes in cold water with salt, crushed garlic and thyme. Cook over medium-high heat.
- While potatoes are cooking, toast the hazelnuts. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a baking sheet toast hazelnuts in a single layer for 10 to 15 minutes. Take care not to over roast as nuts can scorch quickly. To remove skins, wrap warm hazelnuts in a dish towel and let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Rub vigorously in towel, discard skins.
- Once potatoes are cooked through, strain, let drain and cool. Smash gently between your hands or lightly with a masher.
In a medium saucepan, heat the Organic Sun Coco Oil. Add smashed potatoes, garlic and thyme. Season with salt and keep flipping sides until golden brown.
- Chop up toasted hazelnuts and place in a bowl. Mix with Hazelnut Oil until all of the nuts are coated. Add in the lemon segments and salt.
- Take potatoes out of pan once browned, and place on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- To plate, place the potatoes on a serving plate and spoon over hazelnuts. Garnish with lemon zest.