Toasted Pumpkin Seed Oil - Ginger Carrot Soup
Delicious healthy carrot soup with a nutty finish thanks to the La Tourangelle Toasted Pumpkin Seed Oil. It is so easy that you’ll be able to make it again without needing to look at the recipe.
- 2 tablespoon La Tourangelle Toasted pumpkinseed oil
- 2 tablespoon La Tourangelle Extra Virgin Olive Oil (some of us also like also La Tourangelle Virgin Coconut)
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sized chunk of Ginger, minced or grated
- 2 lbs Carrots, peeled, diced into ½ inch slices
- 6 cups low-sodium Vegetable Broth
- 8 big shrimp (optional), cooked and shelled
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil (or virgin coconut oil) and sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1- 2 minutes until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add carrots and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and cover. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes , stirring every 5 minutes to prevent from boiling over. Continue to cook until carrots can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Blend soup with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender to purée in there.
- Garnish with shrimp, drizzle with Toasted Pumpkin Seed Oil and serve with bread.