Warm Winter Bowl with Roasted Vegetables
- 1 delicata squash - halved, de-seeded, and cut into 1 cm half moons
- 1 head romanesco cauliflower in florets
- 1 shallot onion
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp maldon sea salt
- 3 tbsp La Tourangelle Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp za'atar seasoning (sumac, sesame seeds, oregano, cumin, coriander, garlic, dill, thyme) or whatever spices you have will work!
- 1 bunch dino kale
- 2 tbsp La Tourangelle Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp maldon salt
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 purple radish for garnish
Massaged kale and avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the delicata squash, kale, and romanesco. To prep your veggies, slice the delicate squash in half vertically and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Flip the squash half over, cut side down, and slice into 1 cm thin half moons. Cut the romanesco into bite size florets, and slice the shallots into thin pieces.
- Add a large dash of the avocado oil to the parchment paper, toss the delicata squash, romanesco florets and shallots in the oil. Next sprinkle the za’taar seasoning over the veggies and a pinch of flaky salt. Last step add 2 tbsp of capers drained to the pan.
- Pop in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, until squash is tender and romanesco is browned and crispy. Some ovens will take longer, depending on your location.
- While the veggies are baking, prepare kale and avocado salad.
- Remove the leaves of the kale from the hard stems and tear leaves into small bite sizes.
- Place kale into a mixing bowl and add 2 tbsp of avocado oil, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 whole avocado and pinch of flaky salt. Massage the kale until tender and super bright green in colour. The avocado should be smooth and creamy and the kale tender and soft. Add the roasted pepitas - I like to warm my pepitas in a fry pan for 5 mins on low.
- Take your roasted veggies out of the oven and toss well to get the flavors mixed again.
- To serve, get 2 serving bowls ready, add the kale first, add the roasted vegetables on top and garnish with radishes, roasted pepitas and I always add some fresh herbs. Today I used parsley from my garden for extra freshness.
- Serve immediately while still warm and delicious! Bon Appetit!