Kale, Quinoa, Avocado & Walnut SaladShare Pin It Print This Recipe
An earthy quartet of flavors come together in this simple, hearty salad. Perfect as-is for lunch, or for dinner served up with a side of grilled chicken or veggies, it’s sure to become a regular in your salad rotation.
1 bunch Lacinato (dinosaur) kale
, washed, stemmed, and roughly chopped
1 cup cooked, cooled red quinoa
1 – 2 ripe avocados, roughly chopped
½ cup toasted walnuts, broken up into bite-sized pieces
⅓ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 shallot, finely minced
Freshly ground pepper and Kosher Salt to taste
- Place kale into a large Ziplock bag.
- In a small bowl or jar, combine all vinaigrette ingredients except walnut oil. Slowly whisk walnut oil into mixture until vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Drizzle ¾ of the vinaigrette into bag with kale and seal tightly. Using your hands, gently massage the dressing into the kale until it softens slightly (about 3 minutes.)
- Add remaining salad ingredients and vinaigrette to the Ziplock bag, seal and shake to combine.
- Plate salad on a platter and enjoy!