Simple Pumpkin Seed Oil CakeShare Pin It Print This Recipe
Traditionally referred to as Kernölgugelhupf, this Austrian-inspired bundt cake features the rich, nutty flavor of Toasted Pumpkin Seed Oil. What better way to celebrate pumpkin season than with this lightly green colored dessert, topped with the crunch of toasted pumpkin seeds? Treat all of your favorite tricksters this Halloween with a deliciously decadent simple pumpkin seed oil cake.
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup of water at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Toasted Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a bundt tin and cover the base of the tin with pumpkin seeds.
- Using an electric mixer on a slow speed, beat egg yolks, water, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and Toasted Pumpkin Seed Oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and granulated sugar until medium to stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the cake batter along with half of the sifted flour and baking powder until well incorporated, then fold in the rest.
- Pour into greased tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer poked in the middle comes out clean
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or even with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzled with more Toasted Pumpkin Seed Oil.