- 2 lbs. broccoli, cut into florets and stalks peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp Walnut Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Handful arugula
In a large Dutch oven or pot, heat Walnut Oil over medium. Add onion. Season with salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5-7 minutes.
Add broccoli, potato, broth and enough water (4 to 5 cups) to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree broth and vegetables in a blender until smooth, transferring to a clean pot as you work. To prevent spattering, fill blender only halfway and allow heat to escape: Remove the cap from the hole in the lid and cover lid firmly with a dish towel. Adjust soup's consistency with a little water if necessary.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. Garnish with fresh arugula and drizzle with Walnut Oil.