Roasted Walnut Oil Garbanzo Leek Soup
2 Tbsp. La Tourangelle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 small leeks, light green, white parts chopped
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 Cups of frozen green garbanzo beans
- 1.5 Cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. of La Tourangelle Basil oil
- 1 Tsp. of honey
- Juice of half a lemon (or more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 Cup water if needed
- Roasted Walnut Oil for drizzling on top
- In a saucepan, heat oil to medium-high
- Add leeks, shallots, and garlic. Sauté for 3-8 minutes.
- Add frozen garbanzo beans and vegetable broth. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes until the garbanzos are tender. Salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. In a blender, puree the cooled soup mixture. Add almond milk, lemon juice, basil oil, honey. Pulse until well blended. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Chill soup in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to a day.
- Remove from fridge and stir in a bit of water if soup is too thick. Taste again and adjust if needed with lemon, salt or pepper. Add a drizzle of La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil.