Thanksgiving Feast - Full Menu
- 1 pound green beans, stems trimmed
2 teaspoons La Tourangelle Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon La Tourangelle Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Take a yogurt pot for the measurement:
- 2 pots of plain yogurt
- 4 pots of brown sugar
- 3 pots of flour
- 3 pots of cornstarch
- 2 pots of walnut oil
- Fresh walnuts
- 4 eggs
- Baking powder
- 1 tablespoon La Tourangelle Grapeseed
- 4 turkey (or chicken) thighs
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice
- 4 granny smith apples, cored and thickly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 ounces hard apple cider
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 10 leaves of sage
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Green Bean Ingredients
Green Bean Directions
- Cut the beans into 2-inch pieces. In a large saucepan bring water to a boil. Add the beans and cook until they are tender-crisp, about 5-6 minutes. Drain the beans and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and toss and stir for about 1-3 minutes. Add the beans and sauté for 1 minute longer. Add the pepper flakes and garlic and stir for 1 minute. Drizzle with the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large braising pot, heat the grapeseed oil over high heat. Season thighs evenly with Chinese five spice, salt, and pepper. Sear on both side until browned (begin with skin down), about 3 to 4 minutes. Reserve thighs on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and sauté the apples, shallot, and garlic in the pot until the apples have softened (5-10 minutes).
- Place the thighs back in the pot on top of the apples. Add cider, chicken broth, sage, and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Cover and place in the oven. Cook for 45mn -1 hour minutes. Remove the thighs to a clean plate and cover with foil. Return the pot to the stove and heat over medium heat. Remove the sage and bay leaf. Mash the apples. Stir and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until reduced into a thick sauce. Serve the thighs with the sauce.
Pre-heat oven at 360 °F (180 °C). Generously butter a 9-inch round cake pan.
- First, in a large bowl, mix very well the plain yogurt, baking powder and eggs.
- Then, add other ingredients whisking constantly.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Turn out cake onto rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with creme fraiche, apple fresh walnuts.